As an ASFP member you will gain access to a wide range of guidance and services, including:
- Representation at a Regulatory and Government and Standards level
- Comprehensive technical support
- Knowledge & guidance on all aspects of ‘built-in’ fire protection
- Discounts on ASFP seminars and workshops
- Preferential rates for ASFP training courses and publications
- Access to the members-only section of the ASFP website
- Association with key ASFP activities, including its campaigns to raise awareness of passive fire protection and highlight the importance of competence and the role of third party certification for products and installers
- Access to key technical and industry-specific task groups where members can provide input on technical guidance & policy development
- Full use of the extensive ASFP marketing activity & support tools, including e-bulletins, the ASFP website, media and social media campaigns, links to the ASFP video library, access to ASFP documents & the logo, including the ASFP 'Look for the Logo' promotional campaign
- Company profile on the ASFP website gaining visibility to the 1,000s of monthly visitors looking for specification/supply chain guidance
- Access to a nationally recognised industry training scheme for passive fire protection
- Access and representation through ASFP to bodies such as Build UK, the Construction Products Association, the Passive Fire Protection Forum, the Fire Sector Federation and the European Association for Passive Fire Protection.
Committees & Task Groups
The ASFP operates a number of technical task groups and committees which undertake the work of the association. This includes drafting the documents that are published on the website and elsewhere; determining policy and activities in a number of areas e.g. marketing; and organising events.
ASFP members are permitted to join as many groups as they wish, with any company representatives able to join any task group appropriate to their interest and expertise. Non-members are usually not permitted to join any group except in extraordinary circumstances e.g. if they have a particular skill or expertise which the association values. Read more
The ASFP produces detailed authoritative technical publications and Codes of Practice, many of which are referenced in the statutory guidance to national building regulations. Through a network of sector focused Technical Task Groups ASFP members play an integral part in the development of these publications and receive discounts on hard copy purchases.
The ASFP offers an annual programme of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certified seminars, as well as member events, including Task Group meetings, the annual AGM, President’s Lunch and Members Forums.
The Association also attends a variety of key industry events including Firex International, the Irish Facilities Management Conference & Exhibition and the Fire Sector Summit. These events offer excellent networking and marketing opportunities for ASFP members, who often receive access at preferential rates.
The ASFP also offers training courses, which are available to ASFP members at a discounted rate. These include a core module in passive fire protection and a range of pathway modules offering practical hands on experience in each of the passive fire protection disciplines.
The ASFP undertakes a wide range of marketing and communications activity to raise awareness of passive fire protection. A range of marketing support tools are available to members to help them promote their business. These include press and social media communications, the ASFP website, ASFP E-bulletin and attendance at both industry and ASFP events.
Benefits at a glance