Further to the information we provided to members on Friday 20th March much has changed over the weekend culminating with the Prime Minister’s message last night on national television shutting down on all non-essential activities, which was presumed to include construction sites.
Today there have been conflicting statements from other government ministers stating that as construction is a vital activity and the work cannot be undertaken from home; sites must stay open. We are trying to obtain a definitive position on this and there is a briefing with the BEIS Secretary of State late this afternoon after which we are hoping to get more clarity.
If sites are to remain open, the Construction Leadership Council has published a guide to working while still social distancing CLC Site operating procedures.
Please check the latest information; many of the sites linked below have been updated in the last day or so. Information courtesy of Build UK of which ASFP is a member.
- Employers & Businesses
- Decontamination in Non-Healthcare Settings
- Public Sector Procurement in Response to COVID-19: Procurement Policy Notice
- Households on Self-Isolation
- Social Distancing
GOVERNMENT FINANCIAL SUPPORT
The financial support available from Government can be found in this TABLE which will be updated with the latest information as soon as it becomes available.
- Financial Support Measures – Grants, Loans and Relief Schemes
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme Overview
- Financial Support Measures – How to Access
- HMRC Late Payment Support
- Corona Virus Bill and Statutory Sick Pay Provision
- Scottish Government Support for Businesses
- Welsh Government Support for Businesses
GOVERNMENT FINANCIAL SUPPORT (Loans)
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS), specifically for SMEs and provided by the British Business Bank via your usual bank or lender, is now available. There is no maximum cap set for lending supported through the scheme, so there is no immediate need to approach your lender if your business does not need finance at the moment