The ASFP will be exhibiting at the IFE AGM and Conference in Brighton on 17-18 July, where it will be hosting a Workshop on Passive Fire Protection on 17 July.
The objective of this afternoon workshop is to examine how passive fire protection is currently delivered and determine what improvements can be made under four key pillars with the building lifecycle.
- How are passive systems selected and who selects them?
- Who should select passive systems and how should they determine suitability?
- How are installers selected and who selects them?
- Who should select them and how should they determine suitability?
- Who inspects & certifies passive installations and how is their competence evaluated?
- Who should inspect & certify passive installations and what level of competence is required?
- Who manages installed passive systems?
- Who should manage passive installations, what knowledge and qualifications should they have?
The workshop will be hosted by ASFP CEO Niall Rowan; ASFP Head of Training Phil Brownhill; and ASFP Ireland Operations Officer David O’Reilly