Global HSE seeks Technical Advisor
|Job Title:||Technical Support Advisor / Fire Scrutineer|
|Division / Team:||Global Technical Services|
|Reports To:||Tech Services Manager|
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
To provide support to Global Contract Managers/site supervisors/operatives and Clients whilst on site for projects, such as live updates, buyers list for materials, oversee work on site ensuring they are fully compliant and to the specification. Complete site inspection and provide technical support reporting back to the Global team and Clients if there are any issues or concerns.
- To visit client’s properties to carry out surveys of works and produce detailed reports with costings for the client when the situation arises. Surveys include compartmentation, drywall, fire protection reviews, façade and fire wall surveys.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients.
- Being aware of legislation changes and advising clients on implications.
- Maintaining knowledge of different contracts and sites across the country.
- Ensure all passive fire protection projects (Global & Clients) are completed in line with specification details and in compliance with relevant standards and technical details, health and safety requirements, estimated costs, third party accreditation.
- Provide guidance on passive fire protection and lite weight wall construction details to all members of team through in-house training and site toolbox talks on specific subjects and details.
- To help the Fire Risk assessors in relation to Passive Fire Protection, fire damper and lite weight wall construction details.
- Reading fire test evidence, fire risk assessments, fire audits, fire strategies and implementing designs on the action plans.
- Work alongside other members of the team and share all information regarding projects (quantity surveyor/contract supervisor/technical advisers).
- Assist other team members to ensure the correct products are specified for on new projects, including supporting estimating, contracts managers, and contracts supervisors to ensure the correct products are selected for the correct applications.
- Liaising with manufacturers technical departments to arrange supporting details outside the scope of typical standard details via means of engineering judgements, assessments, and tested non-standard details.
- Feeding back the manufacturer details to site at all levels and ensuring works are carried out to the standards and details laid down.
The job profile is a non-exclusive compilation of duties carried out by this role; other tasks appropriate to the role, skill and experience may be required from time to time. Other as directed by the Technical Services Manager.
- Knowledge of all passive fire protection applications including structural fire protection, firestopping, fire doors, façade and cladding systems, ducts and dampers, and familiarity with the regulations and guidance documents that apply to those systems.
- Knowledge of manufacturers fire test data, fire risk assessments/building regulations/British Standards/Health and safety Regulations and all current legislation applicable to fire safety in buildings.
- Knowledge of all passive fire protection suppliers, their specific products and capabilities, and their routes to market.
- Knowledge of the procedures involved from initial enquiry to practical completion.
- Knowledge of the passive fire protection business model.
- Delegating, Time Management and Prioritizing.
- Knowledge and full competence in software such as Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft word and Power point.
- Identifying and Solving Problems using sound engineering principles.
- Be able to communicate at all levels.
- Listening and Organising.
- Business acumen/ aware of costs against projects and overheads and make decisions in relation to future works.
- Setting Goals and Standards.
- Able to take ownership of projects and make rational decisions based on facts available at time.
- Develop ideas and solve problems.
- Able to take responsibility of mistakes made by the company and one’s self.
- Appraising workers and Performance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Computer literate in software such as Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word. (Fulcrum, Office 365, Bolster, CAD/AutoCAD an advantage).
- Provable competence in passive fire protection gained through academic and non-academic routes. Ideally: IFE/ASFP Level 3 in Passive Fire Protection or higher.
- Preferably: membership of the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE).
This Job Description does not represent a finite list of duties and you may be called upon to undertake further duties or additional duties not already mentioned but in accordance with your post as (post).
This Job Description does not represent a contract of employment.