ASFP Business Manager
Closing date: Friday 25 October 2019
The Association for Specialist Fire Protection (ASFP) is a trade association of over 200 manufacturers and installers of passive fire protection products such as fire doors, fire-stopping, fire resisting ducts and dampers, fire protection to structural steelwork etc.
We are looking for an innovative Business Manager reporting to the CEO to oversee and manage commercial operations for this flourishing trade association. Typical duties include developing pricing strategies for ASFP products and services, identifying new markets and revenue streams, reviewing operational procedures, reviewing profitability of current activities and products. The Business Manager will also assist the CEO and the association’s Strategy Group and Management Council in developing strategy.
Duties and Accountabilities
Overarching role: Implementing strategies to drive revenue and business growth through sales of membership, training, publications and other activities.
- Developing 1, 3 & 5-year business/financial goals in conjunction with the CEO/SG/Council
- Ensuring financial goals of Council are achieved
- Responsible for financial performance of organisation
- Developing business plans and overseeing implementation in conjunction with the CEO
- Identifying and developing new markets and revenue streams for ASFP
- Increasing membership penetration in existing markets e.g. installation contractors
- Working closely with ASFP officers to achieve the association’s objectives
- Working with the Association’s secretariat to develop appropriate budgeting and accounting procedures
- Develop and maintain a Service Level Agreement with the Secretariat
- Negotiating agreements with third party organisations
The successful applicant should have an understanding of the market for fire protection products in the construction arena. He/she will be able to interpret trends, generate and screen new ideas for revenue growth, monitor market and regulatory developments and research customer satisfaction and needs. An ability to objectively evaluate current and future offerings from the association will also be needed. Financial planning including setting budgets, developing marketing plans and engaging with the membership in conjunction with the relevant ASFP officers will also be required.
The candidate is expected to be educated to degree level in a business or technical qualification. He/she will have experience of product/service management in a B2B environment, strong motivation and people management skills. Strong project management and analytical skill will be required. A working knowledge of the construction industry and the routes to market for passive fire protection products is highly desirable.
The ASFP will offer a competitive package to the right candidate. The ASFP is growing and progress within the organisation is possible for the right person.